Saturday, October 9, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Finally!!

I have been wanting to put Jaxon in swimming lessons for the last two summers. The problem? We lived on Air Force bases the last two years and swimming lessons were held at the base pools. Outside. In the morning. I don't do cold water in the morning. So, because of his mother's selfish reasons, Jaxon has not had swimming lessons - until now! There is an awesome gym, built for the Peoria community, in downtown Peoria. The Riverplex is an amazing gym and has a few indoor pools, where swimming lessons are offered. I was thrilled to take swimming lessons with Jax indoors. In a heated pool.

He LOVES swimming lessons! We go every Tuesday and Thursday night for 30 minutes every week in October. He's a great listener when his teacher, Ms. Autumn, is instructing and he's willing to try everything she tells him to. His least favorite thing to do is put his head under water. His favorites are; jumping in from the side, blowing bubbles and throwing a toy and swimming to it.

We have this conversation with Jaxon everyday:
Jax: "What do you guys want to do tonight?"
Jason or I: "I don't know."
Jax: "Want to go to swimming lessons? It would be really fun!"

This is his excited face waiting for his class to start.


No fear jumping in from the side of the pool.


Hi Dad! Watch this...


Safely climbing into the pool.


Safely climbing out of the pool.



Throwing a toy.


Swimming to his toy.

1 comment:

Christensen family said...

He looks so excited for his swimming lessons. Miss you guys.