I apologize for not getting this on here sooner, but we've been busy soaking up "Daddy Time". Jason got home last Monday evening. It was so awesome to watch that plane land and taxi toward us. As soon as they gave us the "go", the families quickly scampered toward the opening door. It was so great to see Jason for the first time in months. Jaxon reached him first and was immediately scooped into Jason's arms. Sissy toddled shortly behind. She ran straight to him with a big hug, but then backed off a little while she studied his face for a few minutes. It was a wonderful evening! I took very few pictures, but when the base photographer gets his pictures to Jason, I'll be sure to put them on here as well.
The night before Jason's homecoming, the kids worked on decorating posters to help welcome Daddy home. I rarely get out paint for them (ok, almost never), but this was a special occasion. They loved using the finger-paints and Kota threw a fit when I cleaned her hands (she was hoping we'd paint a lot longer).



Dakota and her daddy were on the front page of the Peoria Journal Star! Check out the article and pictures:
Click HereHere's a great interview Jason did with a local TV station:
Click Here

Jaxon and his Daddy embracing each other once we're inside in the warmth. He was not happy about the TV interview, he just wanted to "take my daddy home".

Jason and his kids! Their "Uncle Jessica" made their adorable outfits. Jax's shirt says, "My Dad is my Hero" and Sissy has a very cute red, white and blue skirt on. I begged them to show off their outfits during the TV interview, but they were more interested in getting Daddy home.
1 comment:
Love, Love it. I am so excited for you guys. Enjoy every minute. Miss you guys.
Post a Comment