Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ice Cream Cones and Ponytails

The kids and I had dinner and custard last night at Culver's. It's always nice to get out of the house for one meal while Jason is on a trip. For 1.) there's no arguing about what's for dinner because they both have one item on every menu in town that they eat and 2.) I don't have to hear any complaints or "I don't like this" about what I cooked for dinner


Jaxon saw an older gentleman eating an ice cream cone and he thought he might like that too. I honestly could not think of a time that he's eaten ice cream from a cone! So, after pushing aside the guilt for depriving him of this messy adventure for the last four years, I agreed to his order.


It was all over his face and I loved every minute of it. He usually cannot stand to have anything on his hands or face, but for some reason he seemed to have no idea that he had a full mustache and goatee of chocolate.


His first taste after the Culver's girl handed him his ice cream. She would go on to hand Dakota her bowl of vanilla custard as I am snapping this picture and you are right if you guessed that that sounded like a disaster waiting to happen.







Dakota's hair continues to grow and I don't foresee cutting it anytime soon. It's still growing evenly and it's just as silky and soft as ever. It has been a lot of fun experimenting with different styles and even sponge rolling a few times, but this week I got it in a full pony! It's just the simple things in life that make my day.


Oh how I love that face.



A side view of the cutest ponytail I've ever seen. By the time I was done with her pony, she was no longer interested in standing still for a bow, but we'll keep working on her.



Front view - She still has new hair growing in, so I can't pull all of her hair back without pinning some of the front hair back separately.

Now if I can just get her to sit still long enough for a French braid!

2 comments:

Christensen family said...

I can't believe Jax hasn't eating a ice cream cone before. I love the pony tail it is a big deal when that can happen. Miss you guys

Jessica said...

Oh Dakota's hair makes MY day! I have such hair envy. If only she could teach Nora's hair how to grow. You do such a great job of styling her amazing hair!