After two days of being on the go, we decided to spend our Friday in Kansas, relaxing. Jason woke up that morning with strep-throat-like symptoms, so the kids and I dropped him off at a walk-in clinic and then headed out to Memaw and Paps Schu's house. Jason ended up testing positive for strep, so he spent most of the day in bed, but the kids had plenty of entertainment! There were movies watched, four-wheeler rides, a lot of baseball played, and even some "swimming" in the hot tub.
 |
In case you are unaware, Jaxon takes his baseball very serious. Very serious. Here he is, as the Royals catcher, Salvador Perez, giving his pitcher a sign. |
 |
| Even Sissy got in on some of the baseball fun! |
Just as I was debating whether or not to lay Dakota down for a nap, Aunt Ninny, Page, and Page's friend, Yogi, came out to say hi. The girls were quickly thrown into a game of baseball (bless their hearts, they had a double-header later that evening).
 |
| Page and Yogi getting ready to play ball with Jax. |
 |
| Aunt Ninny up to bat as Jax continues to catch. |
 |
| Jaxon's up to bat, Page moves to catcher. |
 |
| Dakota lost interest in baseball and decided to blow bubbles instead. |
 |
| Yogi and Page with our kiddos. |
By the time the girls left, it was nearing dinner, so I sent the kids inside to cleanup and decide what they wanted to eat. While I was in the kitchen helping Memaw get dinner ready, I glanced in the living room and found this:
 |
| Sound asleep in Papa's arms. Guess she needed that nap after all. |
 |
| Even my I-don't-need-a-nap-because-I'm-not-tired 5 year old fell asleep. |
1 comment:
Now that I've seen this picture of Dakota with her goggles upside down, it is very clear to me that she and Nora are meant to be friends for life. :) Cracked me up!
Post a Comment