Thursday, March 24, 2011

Another Kansas Visit

A few weeks ago, the kids and I loaded up the SUV and headed south to spend a few days in Kansas. We really wanted Jason to come with us, but he has been put on active orders for a few months, which means he wouldn't have been able to leave IL until Friday afternoon and he would've had to come back Sunday evening. That makes for a very short trip. Let me just say, my kids were perfect in the car! I feel so blessed by how well they traveled. It's always nerve-wracking, especially when I'm the only adult, but I could not have asked for better travelers. And bonus: this was Jaxon's first long car trip since he's been potty-trained. He told me every time he needed to stop to potty. Woo hoo!

We spent about three full days in KS, so we tried to cram in a lot of visiting family. On Friday, we spent the evening with Jason's family and the kids got some "cousin play time" in. And we finally got to meet my newest nephew, Caleb James! It was so wonderful holding a tiny infant again. I didn't take many pictures this visit, because we were so rushed seeing as much family as we could, but here's a few...




Caleb James. What a handsome little man. And he's very laid back and happy - which I guess you have to be when you have two older brothers.



My baby! This girl is all over the place walking and getting in to EVERYTHING. She's 100% pure joy.



Cousin Rowan




Cousin Braden



Cousin Wyatt



My boy! It may appear that he is sticking his tongue out, but in actuality, this is his concentration face. This tongue-hanging-from-the-mouth look shows that he was playing very hard.





BATH TIME:

My sweeties having fun in Memaw's bathtub.

No comments: