Monday, March 11, 2013

Snow Day

It is the second winter in a row that we have not had a snow day!! We were so excited for our friends and family in KS who got several snow days and we thought we might benefit from that same storm. We did get the snow, but not near the amounts they did. I checked the news all night while it was snowing and got up early to check again, but our schools weren't cancelled. So, we made an executive decision to keep Jaxon home anyway and play in the snow all morning. I felt guilty about letting him skip, until I called his school and the preschool teacher said, "I don't blame you." We spent the entire morning in the snow and then came in for lunch and hot cocoa.

 
The kids and I built a snowman while Jason cleared the drive.

A neighbor brought his snowblower over to make Jason's work go faster.
The kids loved standing behind it and getting snow blown on them - crazy!



And of course, a snowball fight ensued.



No comments: